The frackdown is a global day of action against fracking. This year’s frackdown is on October 11th!
This day of action is an opportunity for us to build more momentum against the threat of fracking in Ontario. Everyone is encouraged to host local events around October 11th (if not on that day).
Sign up to host a local event.
All of the registered events are shown here, and any Ontario events will be listed on this Stop Fracking web site as well. We also can post copies of any photos you may have.
If you are looking for help with preparing Ontario-specific flyers or presentation materials, please send an e-mail.
What types of events should we have?
Events should be fun, creative, and locally relevant. The idea is to use a global day of action to amplify what is happening and needed locally. Some ideas include:
- Street theater outside oil or gas company headquarters
- Protests outside elected officials’ office
- Visibility event at key intersection with signs
- Film screening of Gasland or Gasland II
- Assemblies / pot luck about fracking with community members
- Petition gathering action
- Work in community to generate phone calls to key officials
What will we gain from participating?
- An opportunity to increase media attention locally by tieing local events to the global day of action
- The chance to create a powerful counter-narrative to the industry PR push though coordinated, unified actions across the world
- Sample materials to use for the day of action, including media advisory template, event page to track registrations, and template editable flyers
- An opportunity to build your organization by being part of a growing, powerful, meaningful and winning movement
- Your event featured on the Global Frackdown website and link to your organization and event